Marvel Studios developed and released several cinematic trilogies about the members of the Avengers team: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor - all these characters received 3 of their own solo films. Another popular character, Ant-Man, has only got a dilogy so far, and fans are waiting for Marvel to set a release date for Russia and the actors of the 3rd part of the film "Ant-Man and the Wasp", the plot and trailer of which have not yet been announced.
Genre: fiction, action
Producer: is unknown
Release date: is unknown
Cast: Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Michael Pena, Emma Furmann and others.
In a potential sequel, Scott Lang will finally meet with his family, and they will also tell us more about the quantum world.
Scott Lang receives an unusual Ant-Man costume from inventor Hank Pym, thanks to which the hero can be reduced to the size of an atom, or vice versa - to become the size of a multi-storey building.
Producer Stephen Broussard (Iron Man 3, Doctor Strange, Captain America: The First Avenger) hinted that quantum space would be explored in the potential film Ant-Man 3:
“Maybe the quantum space is much larger than we expected. For example, Janet van Dyne wore different clothes and even weapons there. But where did they come from?”
Also produced by Joe Russo (Community, Development Delay, Death Academy, Happy Ending) and screenwriter Stephen McPheely (Captain America: Civil War, Agent Carter, Thor 2: The Kingdom of Darkness) stated that the plot could be sharpened by the reunion of Ant-Man and the Wasp:
"They did not get much time in the last Avengers, although they became the driving force of the whole story. But we have something else to tell."
In 2019, at the Comic-Con in San Diego, Marvel Studios announced all upcoming Phase 4 projects that are in production. Marvel presented the audience with many new films and TV series being developed, but the Ant-Man franchise was strangely excluded from the list of announced projects. Does this mean that fans will not wait for the release of the sequel?
Many fans believe that Ant-Man no longer needs solo films, because his story has already been completed in the movie "Avengers: Final". However, this character may appear in other projects, as has already been done in the film "First Avenger: Civil War". But some still hope that information about the 3rd part of the film "Ant-Man and the Wasp", news of the production of which is not yet available, will appear after the 4th phase - in 2022, because the character is still an important part of the entire movie universe Marvel
Director Peyton Reed ("Always Say YES," "Goodwin Games," "New Girl") noted:
"I think we are all interested in filming the sequel. There is one story we want to tell. Definitely." Such a statement gave fans hope for a continuation.
Actors and roles
In the sequel, the following actors and characters may appear:
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang (Winemakers Rules, Stupid, I Love You, Man, Friends, It's Good to Be Quiet, Ideal Home, Mute);
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne (Lost, Living Steel, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The Lord of the Storm, Little Evil);
- Michael Douglas in the role of Hank Pym (“The Game”, “Flying Over the Cuckoo's Nest”, “Without a Face”, “Novel with a Stone”, “Wall Street”, “Planet of the Beasts”);
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet van Dyne (Scarface, I Am Sam, Dangerous Liaisons, Stardust, Oriental Express Murder);
- Michael Pena as Luis (Narco: Mexico, Martian, Shooter, Rage, Patrol, Drug Courier);
- Emma Furmann as Cassie (Avengers: Final, Act Three).
Did you know that:
- Paul Rudd said that he had no idea whether his character Scott Lang would return to the screens, and Evangeline Lilly said that information about the production of the third part was kept secret.
- Evangeline Lilly also stated that she did not want to appear in a separate film, The Wasp, but was about to continue working in tandem with Paul Rudd. So the best opportunity for the full disclosure of this character is the third part of Ant-Man: “I don’t think my character’s story is over. Wasp was almost an orphan - a girl who lost her mother at age 8. My heroine lived with her father "which was emotionally far from her. But her mother is returning to our world, and this turn is very epic."
- Some fans believe that the new Ant-Man may be Scott's daughter, Cassie Lang, who, thanks to the jump in time in the film "Avengers: Final", became a teenager. The girl can use Hank Pim’s technology and join the Young Avengers team.
- Fans were upset that the studio had not announced a series about Scott's friend and assistant, Louis. This character captivated the audience with his charisma, and fans still beg Marvel to introduce a series about him to the development.
The creators do not announce whether the third part of the film "Ant-Man and the Wasp" will be released, the release date in Russia, the actors and plot of which are unknown, and the trailer has not been released. Fans still hope that the story of Scott Lang is not over yet, and the character will appear in the Marvel cinematic universe in the future.