Disney again makes the viewer nostalgic, restarting the well-known story about the Dalmatians and the villain with black and white hair. The release date for the new film “Sterwell” (Cruella) is set for May 2021 (release in Russia and the trailer will appear later), the cast and plot details are already known. The animated cartoon "101 Dalmatians" of 1961 was a real hit for Disney and brought in $ 320.6 million in box office worldwide. Although the continuation of 1996 was no longer so profitable, $ 183 million, many appreciated the stunning reincarnation of Glenn Close into the housekeeper Cruella de Ville. Let's see how much this succeeds Emma Stone.
Rating of expectations (KinoPoisk) - 98%.
World Release Date: May 28, 2021
Premiere in Russia: 2021
Actors: E. Stone, E. Thompson, P.W. Hauser, J. Fry and others.
The prequel will tell about the events that happened with Cruella de Ville before the events with the Dalmatians. The creators promise a story in the spirit of "Maleficent", which will reveal a completely different side of the famous villain, because she was not always like that ...
The film will unfold in London in the 1970s during the era of punk rock, when Cruella was still a young girl. Viewers will find out what kind of person has changed the fate of a lover of furs and dog-hatred once and for all.
Director and shooting
The director of the comedy was Craig Gillespie (“And the storm struck”, “Tonya against all”).
- Screenwriters: Aline Brosh McKenna (“The Devil Wears Prada,” “We Bought a Zoo”), Jez Butterworth (“Ford vs. Ferrari,” “Black Mass”), Dan Fox (“Once Upon a Time in Vegas”);
- Main producers: Christine Barr (Christopher Robin), Andrew Gunn (Freaky Friday), Mark E. Platt (Aladdin, Especially Dangerous 2 ");
- Installation: Tatyana S. Rigel (“Tonya against all”),
- Emma Stone as Cruella de Ville (“The Croods 2 Family,” “Zombieland: Control Shot,” “Favorite”);
- Emma Thompson - Baronass ("Last Christmas", "Reason and Feelings");
- Paul Walter Hauser - Horace (“Rhythms”, “Black Clan”);
- Joel Fry - Jasper (Game of Thrones, Yesterday), etc.
Did you know that:
- Filming was previously postponed due to Emma Stone dislocating her shoulder in June 2019 at a Spice Girls concert.
- Initially, they wanted to entrust the film to Alex Timbers, but he is busy staging the musical The Beetlejuice.
- Nicole Kidman, Demi Moore, Charlize Theron, Julianne Moore and Emma Thompson were also considered for the leading role in Sterwell.
The Disney movie studio is very good at adapting its classics to an improved format for a new generation of viewers, and the number of fans is definitely growing for older characters. Now it was the turn of Cruella de Ville to appear on large screens. The audience will find out the reason for the heroine’s hatred of the Dalmatians in Disney’s new film “Sterwell” (Cruella) with a release date in 2021 (release in Russia will be announced later), cast and plot details are known, the trailer will be released closer to the premiere.