Starz TV channel pleased its audience by extending the American Gods series for season 3, the release date of the series is set for 2020, the actors and plot are known, the trailer has not yet been released. The sequel will tell about the adventures of the protagonist with an unusual name Shadow, and also reveal important details about the cause of the main conflict of the project.
Rating of the series: KinoPoisk - 7.4, IMDb - 7.9.
Genre: fantasy, drama, detective
Producer: David Slade, Adam Kane, Chris Byrne and others.
Season 3 release date: 2020
Cast: Ricky Whittle, Emily Browning, Crispin Glover, Yetide Badaki, Bruce Langley, Pablo Schreiber, Ian McShane, Demor Barnes, Omid Abtahi, Orlando Jones and others.
The main character is in the center of a large-scale conflict between the Gods. He learns that nothing, even himself, will no longer be the same as before ...
The plot focuses on a man with a prison past named Shadow. After leaving prison, the hero decided to improve: he wants to live peacefully with his wife, avoiding all sorts of troubles. However, Shadow learns that his beloved died in a terrible accident. He flies to a funeral, but a sudden strong storm sways the plane, and at that moment the hero meets a strange person who calls himself Mr. Wednesday. It is he who draws the Shadow into the struggle between the "old" and "new" Gods.
In the third season, an important role will be played by Shadow's friend - Jonatha Liensmith. Despite the fact that the film was created according to the book of the same name by writer and screenwriter Neil Gaiman, the series has long ceased to adhere to its original, and has grown into a "completely new organism."
However, the creators hint:
"There are so many different directions that we can choose for our show. We can take the books" Children of Anansi "and" Monarch of Glen ", as well as other books by Neil Gaiman as the basis for the plot for a possible continuation."
Director and shooting
- David Slade (Hannibal, Awakening, Breaking Bad, Black Mirror, Superpowers, Cinema of Nightmares);
- Adam Kane (“The Boondock Saints”, “Anatomy of Passion”, “Heroes”, “Dead Demand”, “Bride's Daughter”, “Death Academy”);
- Chris Byrne (Star Trek: Discovery, 12 Monkeys, Kaya).
- Rodney Barnes (Ghetto, Everyone Hates Chris, The Fugitives, Happily Ever After);
- Adria Lang ("Sons of Anarchy", "You", "Spiral", "Matrimonial Duty");
- Neil Gaiman (Good Signs, Stardust, Coraline in Nightmare, Lucifer).
- Craig Tsegilski ("Camelot", "People of the Future", "Returned");
- Charles Eagley (Dexter, The Walking Dead);
- Mark Tinker (Deadwood, Chicago Police, No Coordinates, Ambulance).
- Ron Rosen ("World of the Wild West", "Lights of Friday Night", "Geostorm");
- Don Cassidy (The Vikings, Murdoch's Investigations, Texas Rise, Hemlock Grove);
- Wendy Hallam Martin ("Close Friends", "The Tudors", "The Handmaid's Tale", "Condor").
Actors and roles
In the series starred:
- Ricky Whittle as Shadow Moon (Hundred, Happiness in Hair, Mistresses, Naval Police: Special Department, Austinland, Holby City);
- Emily Browning as Laura Moon ("Legend", "Lemony Snickett: 33 Misfortunes", "Uninvited", "Ghost Ship", "Lovers", "Pompeii", "Golden Exits");
- Crispin Glover as Mr. World ("Back to the Future", "Dead Man", "Wild at Heart", "Alice in Wonderland", "Motel", "We Always Lived in a Castle");
- Yetide Badaki in the role of Bilkis (“Communication”, “It's us”, “Lost”, “Think like a criminal”, “Aquarius”, “Jury”, “Masters of sex”);
- Bruce Langley as Technomalchik ("Monster", "Your Turn");
- Pablo Schreiber as Crazy Sweeney (On the Edge, Gifted, Dogtown Kings, Man on the Moon, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Skyscraper);
- Ian McShane as Mr. Environment (Jesus of Nazareth, Pillars of the Earth, We Are One Team, Deadly Race, Sensation, Hellboy, John Wick 3);
- Demor Barnes in the role of Mr. Ibis ("The Waco Tragedy", "Anti-Terror Squad", "Force Majeure", "Titans");
- Omid Abtahi in the role of Salim ("Brothers", "Operation Argo", "Shameless", "There", "Duck Tales", "Crossing", "Damien");
- Orlando Jones as Mr. Nancy (Doubles, Blinded by Desires, Height of Freedom, Time Machine, Room 104).
Did you know that:
- The slogan of the television series: "You - this is what you worship."
- Neil Gaiman, on whose works the series is based, is delighted with working with the new showrunner Charles Eagley: “I am glad that our project was extended for season 3. Charles and I worked on the format of the season for several weeks and I’m very excited - I’ll like it "What’s happened to the audience? Anyway, thanks to the whole crew for their love and support."
- In the original books, the political subtext is practically not visible, but in the series the role of politics was increased after the victory of Donald Trump in the US presidential election.
Will God Odin succeed and wreak havoc on the world? We will find out about this in the 3rd season of the American Gods series (2020), the release date of the series, the actors and plot of which were announced, and the trailer has not yet been released.