Jody Whittaker will return to the role of the Doctor in the season 12 of the series Doctor Who, (2020), the release date of the series, the actors are known, the trailer has not been released, theories about the plot have already been compiled by many fans. The fact that the role of the Thirteenth Doctor was played by a woman caused great interest among fans, and now they are trying to predict in which direction the project will develop.
Rating of the series: KinoPoisk - 8.7, IMDb - 8.6.
Genre: fiction, adventure, drama, comedy
Producer:Jamie Magnus Stone, Lee Haven Jones, Emma Sullivan and others.
Season 12 Release Date: 2020
Cast: Jody Whittaker, Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole, Jeep Mandill and others.
The Thirteenth Doctor, her three new companions, as well as a cat nicknamed Percy set off on a long journey in a time machine T.A.R.D.I.S.
Doctor Who, the Time Lord, born on the planet Gallifrey, travels in time and space on the ship T.A.R.D.I.S. with its many companions. From time to time, he or she is reborn in a new body, and already the thirteenth such reincarnation becomes a woman (the previous 12 Doctors were men). The doctor finds new companions and embarks on dangerous adventures with them.
Director and shooting
On January 23, 2019, the filming of the new season in South Africa was officially announced:
"We returned, we never stopped shooting, as the Doctor and friends won the hearts of viewers across the country and beyond. You will see a whole set of adventures of the Thirteenth Doctor soon," said show runner and screenwriter Chris Chibnell ("Pond’s Life" "," Torchwood "," Life on Mars "," Gracepoint)).
The directors of the new season are:
- Jamie Magnus Stone (Gluconauts, Camp X, The Last Dragon Slayer);
- Lee Haven Jones (Shetland, Faith, Disaster);
- Peter Chorus ("Daredevil", "The Last Kingdom", "Mistresses");
- Emma Sullivan ("Call Midwife", "Doctors", "The Day After Tomorrow").
- Chris Chibnell;
- Nikki Wilson (Up and Down the Stairs, The Adventures of Sarah Jane);
- Steffan Morris ("Guys from the Bakery", "Mages Against Aliens");
- Ben Irving ("Gentleman Jack", "Adventures of Paddington", "Inhabitants of the Hills").
- Ed Heim;
- Neil Gaiman (Stardust, The Good Sign, Coraline in Nightmare, American Gods);
- Sophie Petzal ("Blood").
In 2019, there was only one New Year's issue called “Decision”, and the premiere of the new season should be expected in 2020 (perhaps the release date of the new season can be set for January 1). The sequel will consist of 10 episodes.
Actors and roles
The following actors will return in the new season:
- Jody Whittaker in the role of the Thirteenth Doctor (One Day, Good Vibrations, Killing on the Beach, Adult Skills, Black Sea);
- Bradley Walsh as Graham O'Brien (“Coach,” “Everyone Has Their Own Cinema,” “The Adventures of Sarah Jane”);
- Tosin Cole as Ryan Sinclair (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Lewis, Versailles, Secret Agent, Souvenir);
- Gill Mandill as Yasmin Khan (Catastrophe, Holliox, Doctors, Cook, Flood).
Fans hope that John Simm will return to the series in the role of the Master ("Life on Mars", "Take Away!", "Trap", "Accessory").
Did you know that:
- The series abandoned its traditional Saturday night broadcast on BBC One in 2018 and switched to broadcast on Sunday evenings on the same channel. Also, the series will be available for viewing on the BBC iPlayer.
- Jody Whittaker said she would like to work with Billy Piper (Rose) and Alex Kingston (River Song).
- The creator of the series, Mark Gaittis (Coriolanus, Christopher Robin, Brexit, Good Signs) handed over his authority to Chris Chibnell: "Chris Chibnell wrote me an email and said that he would continue to love me because I became part of the big Doctor Who family, I was touched. I just wanted to take a break and enjoy the rest of the series, maybe I'll be back if Chris wants to. "
- The BBC channel presented the fans with a bonus in the form of an animated virtual-real special issue called "Doctor Who: The Runaway", in which fans can board the TARDIS and embark on a new adventure in time and space. The bonus is available on selected BP platforms.
Fans of the project have to wait for the announcement of the release date of the series and the release of the trailer for the 12th season of the series Doctor Who (2020), the actors and theories of the plot of which have already been announced. For the first time, the doctor will have to face his old enemies in a new body, so will she and her companions cope?