The plot of the fantastic film "Darkest Minds" was not logically completed, but all because the creators are thinking about a sequel and not even one! However, at the moment, the release date, plot 2 of the film "Dark Reflections" has not been announced, the actors are known, and the trailer has not yet been released. Fans of the original film will have to wait until the producers announce the premiere date.
Darkest minds 2
Genre: fiction, action, thriller
Producer: Jennifer Yu
Release date: unknown
Cast: Amandla Stenberg, Mandy Moore, Bradley Whitford, Harris Dickinson, Patrick Gibson, Mia Cech, Gwendoline Christie, Wade Williams, Mark O'Brien, Bradley Whitford and others.
In the future, almost all children died from an unknown disease, but those who managed to survive were endowed with super abilities. The main character became one of these survivors, and her acquired abilities help the girl fight for survival.
In the center of the plot is a girl named Ruby, who discovers supernatural abilities on her birthday. However, by a terrible accident, the girl erases her parents' memories of herself, and they do not recognize her, locking her in the garage and calling the police. Ruby is immediately sent to a government camp, in which the same unusual children are brought up. The creators of the camp plan to use them for military purposes. There she finds friends, and now they need to cope with their new abilities, as well as pursuers, to live happily in a new world. The guys are organizing a revolution, the details of which will be told to us in the second part.
Director and shooting
The director of the first part, Jennifer Yu ("Spawn", "Kung Fu Panda 2") will work on a sequel - she said that she wants to study the characters in detail and again to work with the young cast:
"The characters are very interesting. I like how many actors give each other while being together on the set. They really became friends. I would really like us to get together again."
However, Jennifer is not sure whether the producers will decide to continue:
"There are several more books in this series. We did not expect that there would be a sequel, but only counted on one film, so we set out the plot only in it. But I would like to work on a sequel."
The script of the sequel is based on the book of the same name by Alexandra Breken.
Actors and roles
In the sequel, the actors who have already appeared in the first part should star in:
- Amandla Stenberg in the role of Ruby (“The Hunger Games”, “Where Hands Touch”, “This World”, “Alien Hate”, “As Is”);
- Harris Dickinson in the role of Liam (“Trust”, “Clique”, “Beach Rats”, “Girls”, “Silent Witness”);
- Skylan Brooks as Chubs (Annealing, Empire, Left-Handed, Crown Heights, Undisclosed Business, Detsky Hospital);
- Mia Cech in the role of Zu ("End of the World", "American Horror Story", "Hawaii 5.0", "Arrow", "Terrible Family", "You Are My Doubt");
- Mandy Moore in the role of Kate ("How to Become a Princess," "Hurry to Love," "It's Us," "I'm Not Here," "Christmas in Conway," Rapunzel: A Tangled Story);
- Patrick Gibson as Clancy Gray ("OA", "The Tudors", "Jurassic Portal", "White Princess", "Spanish Princess");
- Gwendolyn Christie as Lady Jane (Game of Thrones, Little Red Dress, Just Amazing, Star Wars: The Last Jedi);
- Marc O'Brien as Rob Meadows (Arrival, The Last Tycoon, Hannibal, City on the Hill, Vault 13, How to Avoid President);
- Bradley Whitford as President Gray (“My Life,” “Off,” “Little Manhattan,” “Awakening,” “The Smell of a Woman,” “Godzilla 2: The Monster King”);
- Wade Williams in the role of Captain ("Escape", "Gangster Hunters", "Erin Brockovich", "Venom").
Did you know that:
- Filming of the first part took place in Atlanta, Georgia.
- For the ten-year-old actress Mia Cech, the film became the debut full-length work.
Fans can only hope that the release date, the plot of the second part of the film "Dark Reflections", the actors of which are known, and the trailer did not come out, will be announced. Anti-utopian films, such as The Hunger Games or Divergent, have always attracted the attention of the audience, and the Dark Reflections franchise has every chance of winning the love of adolescents.