Initially, a new film by Sarik Andreasyan was called “Station 88” and was supposed to be released in 2019, but later it was renamed into “Robots” and planned for 2020. The exact release date in Russia is still unknown, as well as the list of actors, instead of the trailer a teaser has been released and the plot is known. The budget of the domestic science fiction film will be $ 25 million.
Rating of expectations (KinoPoisk) - 81%.
Producer: Sarik Andreasyan
World Release: 2020
Release Date in the Russian Federation: 2020
Cast: not announced
The film "Station 88", later renamed "Robots", will be Sarik Andreasyan’s third attempt to conquer the world cinema distribution. The director relies on Chinese viewers and their love of cyborgs and science fiction.
Humanity was on the verge of survival after a nuclear explosion - few survived the disaster, most of the planet is infected by radiation. People can only move around the affected areas inside giant machines. The action takes place on a post-apocalyptic Earth, where evil creatures haunt the remnants of humanity. The main character named Cassius leads a group of characters to save the remaining people from annoying creatures.
Director and shooting
The director of the science fiction project about robots is Sarik Andreasyan (Robo, American Robbery, Coma, Mafia: The Game of Survival, Unforgiven).
- The screenwriter for the project will be Matt Jacobs, for whom the film will be the debut feature film.
- Canadian and European experts, whose names have not been disclosed, will be responsible for the special effects in the action.
Actors and roles
The cast of the film is still unknown.
Viewers might be interested in the following information:
- Despite the fact that the teaser for the film "Station 88" was released in the fall of 2016, the project was in a frozen state for a long time. The thing is that the teaser was a decoy for investors, whom the director was trying to attract at that time.
- Back in 2016, two scenarios were developed for the project, written by American authors, but at the beginning of the development of the film it became clear that while the creators are looking for investors, their ideas are embodied in various projects of the film and video industry, so the process was decided to be frozen for an indefinite period .
- While Station 88 is in limbo, Sarik Andreasyan began filming the biblical epic Samson, in which Konstantin Lavronenko (Return, Exile, Territory), Dmitry Nagiyev (Fizruk, Purgatory) take part , "The Executioner") and Vladimir Vdovichenkov ("Brigade", "Racketer", "Scouts").
- The director of the film called the famous presenter Yuri Dude to a duel, as he put it, because he too often asks questions in his program about Andreasyan, but he never called him to talk in person.
The release date for the science fiction film Station 88 or Robots, as the film is also called, will obviously not take place in 2019, there is still no list of actors and trailer. Only the plot is known, the premiere will take place in 2020 (at best), if they start filming in the near future.