The teenage melodrama “After” became one of the most commercially successful projects of 2019, so it is not surprising that the creators decided not to postpone the sequel for a long time, but immediately announced the release date, actors and plot of the film “After: Chapter 2” / “After We Collided” ( 2020), whose trailer has not been released, the premiere date has not yet been set in Russia. The project is already looking forward to fans.
After we collided
Producer: is unknown
Release date: 2020
Cast: Hiro Fiennes-Tiffin, Josephine Langford, Dylan Sprouse et al.
Can the main character forgive her lover, and will their relationship resume?
The heroes of Tessa and Hardin were on the way to their happiness. Tessa knew about Hardin's complex character, but still loved him. However, when the whole truth about the origin of their relationship and the mysterious past of Hardin falls upon the girl, Tessa feels cheated and can no longer continue the relationship with the boy. Can Hardin change for the sake of his love?
Director and shooting
There were many suggestions that the production company that worked on the first film, as well as the director, would not return to the production of the sequel. Recall that the directorial place of the original film was taken by Jenny Gage, for whom the film "After" became the debut in the world of big cinema.
New producers are:
- Mark Canton (“Power in the Night City,” “300 Spartans,” “Letters to Juliet,” “Mr. Church,” “Cinema of Nightmares”);
- Nicolas Cartier (“Dallas Buyers Club”, “Windy River”, “Mind Games”, “Lord of the Storm”, “Damned”);
- Jennifer Gibgot ("Step Forward", "Premonition", "Last Song", "Status: Updated").
The artist is Meghan McLaughlin (“Jeff Living at Home,” “Cloverfield 10,” “Happy Death Day”).
Anna Todd, the author of the original books, confirmed in her accounts on social networks that she wrote the script for the sequel, promising her fans that the continuation of the film would be closer to the books. The author also confirmed that the sequel was rated R (18+). Back in April 2019, Todd said that she and the mysterious co-author “worked very well together” on the script. It turns out that Anna's secret assistant was Mario Zelaya.
Interesting:Continuation of the film "After" - filming begins in August 2019
Actors and roles
At the moment, it is known who will play the main roles in the film:
- Hiro Fiennes-Tiffin (“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”, “Security”) and Josephine Langford (“Wolf Pit”, “Fear Your Desires”, “Towards Darkness”) will again play the beloved Hardin and Tessa;
- Also, Trevor will appear in the film, played by Dylan Sprouse ("Big Dad", "Grace on Fire", "Show of the 70s", "Lesson is Over").
The rest of the active cast:
- Charlie Weber as Christian Vance;
- Candice King - Kim;
- Samuel Larsen - Zed;
- Louise Lombard - Trish Daniels;
- Rob Estes - Ken Scott;
- Dylan Arnold - Noah;
- Khadija Red Thunder - Stef et al.
Did you know that:
- Jonathan Decker, president of Voltage Pictures, a production company, said: “We were able to see that this magical mix of compelling narrative, extremely hardworking and talented film crew and the approval of the fans made a good box office for the first part. We can’t wait until the shooting continues.”
- The fees of the first part amounted to about 62 million dollars in the world market with a budget of 14 million dollars. Such fees and allowed the creators to begin developing a sequel.
- On August 5, 2019, on the official Instagram account for the movie “After”, a video of Dylan Sprouse appeared, sharing the good news: “I can’t wait to play the“ fucking ”Trevor, and I'm glad that you all know that. I'm waiting for the filming to begin.”
View this post on Instagram
We have our fucking Trevor @dylansprouse ❤️ #afterwecollidedmovie
A post shared by After Movie (@aftermovie) on Aug 4, 2019 at 10:18 pm PDT
Fans are looking forward to the release of the trailer and the announcement of the release date for the film “After: Chapter 2” / “After We Collided” (2020), the actors and plot of which are already known. According to Anna Todd, we are waiting for an age limit of 18+, which means a large number of bed scenes, which were abundantly present in the original books.