The anti-utopian story of a girl who decided to change the usual way of life of the Republic of Gilead was extended for another season - the release date, actors and plot of the 4th season of the series “The Handmaid's Tale” are known, and the trailer has not yet been released. Perhaps it will be the last for the entire series, as the creators hinted at the development of events associated with the logical completion of the project.
Rating of the series: KinoPoisk - 7.8, IMDb - 8.5.
The handmaid's tale
Genre: fiction, thriller, drama
Producer: Mike Barker, Kari Skogland, Daina Reid and others.
Season 4 Release Date: 2020
Cast: Elizabeth Moss, Yvonne Strahovski, Joseph Fiennes, Ann Dowd, Amanda Brugel, Max Mingella, Madeleine Brewer, O. T. Fagbenli, Nina Kiri, Samira Wiley and others.
In the future, in the Republic of Gilead, religious fanatics come to power. It is precisely because of them that cruel orders reigned in the country, because of which women who are capable of reproducing offspring are sent to closed institutions so that there they give birth to children for wealthy gentlemen.
Due to the poor ecology in the future, only some women are able to have children. They are selected and made "servants", and the training is aimed only at one goal - to conceive a child for officers whose wives cannot do this. One of these women is June Osborne. Once she was unable to cross the state border with her husband and daughter, so now she has become a servant. But the woman does not despair, but tries to fight the prosperous system of Gilead.
Bruce Miller, the show's runner of the project, talks about what will happen in the new season:
"I try to look into the very future of the series. I would like to create an episode about something like the Nuremberg trials - Gilead will fall, and its leadership will need to be judged."
He also added that the script will follow the original novels, on the basis of which the plot was created:
“Our series still follows the plot of the novel, where the woman is dominated by the Gilead system. Her memories paint a further picture of the world. Many are sure that we are ahead of the book story. But we do not go beyond the plot of the novel, but try to tell everything in the smallest details. "
Director and shooting
The following directors worked on the 4th season of the series:
- Mike Barker (“Alien Woman”, “Killing on the Beach”, “Good Woman”, “Ransom”, “Bestia”, “Fargo”, “Versailles”);
- Kari Skogland (“Vikings”, “Close Friends”, “Punisher”, “Borgia”, “Rook”, “The Loudest Voice”);
- Daina Reid ("Dr. Blake", "Hunters", "Spanish Princess");
- Reed Morano (“Vinyl”, “Kill your loved ones”, “Divorce”, “It seems we were left alone”).
The scenario was developed by:
- Bruce Miller (Eureka, Four Thousand Four Hundreds, Hundreds, Alpha People, Plain);
- Lin Rene Maxi ("Secret Communications");
- Margaret Atwood ("She's Grace," "Second Screen");
- Kira Snyder ("Hundred", "Pacific Frontier 2", "Eureka", "Moonlight", "Alpha People").
The producers were:
- Dorothy Fortenberry (The Hundred);
- Bruce Miller
- Eric Tachman ("Timeshare", "Anastasia", "Tomorrow Comes Today", "Alpha People", "Cedar Bay").
For installation responsible:
- Wendy Hallam Martin ("Close Friends", "Tudors", "Being Erica", "Borgia", "Condor");
- Christopher Donaldson (Global Metal, Remember, Hot Spot, Vikings, Condor);
- Aaron Marshall (Warrior, Vikings, Scary Tales).
Actors and roles
In the new season starred:
- Elizabeth Moss as June Osborne (Once Upon a Time in the Forest, Interrupted Life, Anatomy of Passion, The Seagull, The Old Man with a Gun, Her Smell, We);
- Yvonne Strahovski as Serena Joy Waterford (Chuck, Dexter, Louis, Me, Frankenstein, Puppeteer, Predator);
- Joseph Fiennes in the role of Fred Waterford (“Remember what will happen,” “Elizabeth,” “Luther,” “Elusive Beauty,” “City Legends”);
- Anne Dowd as Lydia Clements (“What Olivia Knows,” “Marley and Me,” “Captain Fantastic,” “The Left,” “Philadelphia,” “Reincarnation”);
- Amanda Brugel in the role of Rita (“Room”, “Hot Spot”, “Dark Child”, “In the hope of salvation”, “Suicide Squad”, “Kodakhrom”);
- Max Mingella as Nick Blaine (Agora, Elvis and Anabelle, Social Network, About Alexa, In the Forest);
- Madeleine Brewer in the role of Janine ("Webcam", "Orange is the hit of the season", "Black Mirror", "Grimm", "Chimera", "Battle for the Earth");
- O. T. Fagbenli in the role of Luke Benkoul ("In Search", "Five", "Happy Ending", "Death in Paradise");
- Nina Kiri in the role of Alma ("The Beautiful Prince", "Secret Circle", "Supernatural", "Heretics");
- Samira Wiley in the role of Moira ("In sight", "Orange is the hit of the season", "Repository", "Love, death and robots").
Did you know that:
- In 2018, Elizabeth Moss received the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress on TV for her excellent acting in the series The Handmaid's Tale.
- The series has never been broadcast on television. Fans can watch the project only online on the Hulu service;
- Actresses admitted that the headgear that they have to wear very limits the review - in order to see something, the girls needed to look only directly in front of them.
Will the storyline of the 4th season of the series “The Handmaid's Tale” come to an end, the release date, the actors of which were announced, and the trailer has not yet been released, fans will know in 2020. In any case, the creators revealed that the continuation of the project depends on him the success of the 4th season.