The seventh television project about the Star Trek universe has already received the green light - season 1 of the series Star Trek: Picard (2019), the release date in Russia, the actors whose story has been announced and the teaser trailer is already available for viewing, will be released to screens in 2019. Patrick Stewart will again return to his famous role and will plow the expanses of distant galaxies.
Star Trek: Picard
Genre: fiction, drama
Producer: Hanel M. Culpepper, Jonathan Frakes, Maya Vrvilo
Release date: 2019
Cast: Santiago Cabrera, Patrick Stewart, Isa Briones, Michelle Heard, Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway, Evan Evagora, Lil Corey, Michael Aishan Work, Neraida Bega and others.
The series tells about the further journey and adventures of Jean-Luc Picard, who succeeded in his lifetime many teams and ships ...
The events of the Picard unit will occur approximately 20 years after the events of the Star Trek: Retribution tape, and Picard is no longer the captain of the Starfleet. He deeply rethought his life and changed - this was partly due to the destruction of Romulus by a massive supernova, as was shown in the first film directed by Abrams “Star Trek”. Why was Picard so much affected by the plight of one of his greatest enemies? Perhaps the answer is that Picard ran into Spock, who began an underground movement on Romulus, trying to reunite the fraternal races of the Vulcans and Romulans ...
Director and shooting
The director's chair of the series was occupied by:
- Hanel M. Coulpepper (Crossing, Thinking Like a Criminal, Double, Country of Christmas);
- Jonathan Freix (Dollhouse, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Angie Tribeca);
- Maya Vrvilo ("Gotham", "Titans", "In sight", "Special Forces").
Hanelle M. Culpepper, Maja Vrvilo, Jonathan Frakes
The screenwriters of the project are:
- Michael Sheybon ("Geeks", "Spider-Man 2", "Secrets of Pittsburgh", "John Carter");
- Alex Kurtzman (Scorpio, Illusion of Deceit, Proposal, Transformers).
The script is based on the works of Gene Roddenberry.
The producers were:
- Douglas Arniokoski ("Flash", "Arrow", "Areas of Darkness", "Instinct");
- James Duff ("Best", "Star Trek: Discovery", "Snoop", "Particularly Serious Crimes");
- Akiva Goldsman ("Mind Games", "Knockdown", "Kings", "Edge", "Titans").
For the installation responsible:
- Andrew Coutts (Nurse, Iron Fist, Star Trek: Discovery);
- Steve Hagen (Krypton, Almost Man, Radio Wave);
- Sarah S. Reeves (The Walking Dead, Edge, Archer).
The filming process began in April 2019 in Los Angeles, California. During the production, Patrick Stewart showed with might and main that the work was in full swing, laying out photos from the set. The release date of the series can be expected at the end of 2019. The filmmakers from Amazon Prime Video received the rights to show the series. The first season will consist of 10 episodes. They will be available within 24 hours after the premiere in the United States.
Executive producer Alex Kurtzman told who the series will focus on:
“Obviously this is Patrick’s show, but we have an incredible cast. You know what I liked about the movie“ Next Generation, ”so that you really could focus any episode on any of them. You know, and I would say the same with our line-up. It's such an incredibly brilliant group of actors ... and they are given such amazing things to play perfectly without ruining anything. I think you will only feel it when you see it. "
Thanks to the photos from the shootings, we can conclude what the uniform of the Starfleet will be.
In the series starred:
- Santiago Cabrera ("Big Little Lies", "Merlin", "The Musketeers", "Dexter", "The Secret of 7 Sisters");
- Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard (“Conspiracy Theory”, “Hamlet”, “X-Men”, “Logan”, “Moby Dick”, “Born to Become a King”);
- Isa Briones (Boy Raiders, American Crime History);
- Michelle Hurd in the role of Raffi ("Daredevil", "Pretty Little Liars", "Ambulance", "Beach Cop", "Deadly Weapon");
- Alison Pill (American Horror Story, Scott Pilgrim Against Everyone, Power, Roman Adventures, Family, News Service);
- Harry Treadaway (Albatross, Return, Control, Scary Tales, Dangerous Business, Mr. Mercedes);
- Evan Evagora;
- Michael Aishan Work ("Football Players", "Teachers", "In a Better World", "Snowfall", "You");
- Neraida Bega ("The Story of the Christmas Murder") and others.
Did you know that:
- No one expected Patrick Stewart to return to this role. He shocked all fans with the following phrase: “I feel that I am ready to return to the project. Captain Picard has many more stories from the dark past.” The actor also said that he was counting on several seasons of the series.
- In 2019, it is also planned to release another "Star Trek" - "Discovery".
- Jonathan Frakes, Stuart’s co-star on New Generation, said: “Eighteen years later, I think fans will be thrilled and surprised. I had the honor to read the first couple of episodes and spent some time with Patrick. That's great. It's smart. I'm smart. I'm smart. "Patrick is even more excited. His announcement of his participation in the Las Vegas series was very clever. You know, he is 78 years old and is going to carry the show on his shoulders, his significant shoulders."
The first season of the series Star Trek: Picard (2019) with a known release date in Russia, actors and a plot whose trailer has already been released, will continue the narration in the best traditions of Star Trek. We hope that Patrick Stewart will delight fans with the game of Jean-Luc Picard for many more years.