The classic love triangle, unfolding against the backdrop of post-war events, was shown in his new film by director James Kent - the release date, plot and actors of the film “Consequences” (2019) were announced, and the trailer in Russian is freely available for viewing.
The drama rating on KinoPrisk is 6.7, on IMDb - 6.3.
Great Britain, Germany, USA
Genre: drama, military, romance
Producer: James kent
World Premiere: February 26, 2019
Premiere in Russia: April 25, 2019
Release Date at Online Cinemas: June 14, 2019
Cast: Keira Knightley, Alexander Skarsgård, Jason Clark, Fionn O'Shea, Kate Phillips, Martin Compston, Alexander Scheer, Anna Katarina Shrimrigk, Ned Wills, Pandora Colin and others.
Fees in the world: 9.2 million dollars
After World War II, famine and devastation reign in Germany. The mayor of Hamburg appointed an English officer who settles with his wife in the house of a German architect. Can people who once fought against each other get along?
Events begin to unfold in Germany in 1946 when Rachel Morgan arrives in ruined Hamburg during a harsh winter in order to reunite with her husband Lewis, a British colonel. He aims to rebuild the city and combat Werewolf’s violent insurgency. Relations of the couple are strained due to the fact that their son Michael was killed during the bombing of Britain. They stay at the home of German architect Stefan Lübert and his daughter Frida. Lewis decides to let Stefan and Frida stay in the attic, but Rachel does not like this decision because of her resentment against the Germans responsible for Michael's death.
However, then Rachel is imbued with sympathy for Stephen because of their common grief: Stephen's wife was killed during the bombing of the city by the Allies. Rachel and Stefan fall in love with each other. The situation is complicated by the fact that Stefan is suspected of involvement in the “Werewolf”, although in fact this guy Frida is to blame. Lewis, in the end, realizes that Rachel and Stefan have an affair when he hears how Stefan defends a woman. A twisted love triangle begins, ending in tragedy ...
Director and crew
In August 2016, it was announced that Fox Searchlight Pictures had acquired the rights to the film. The director of the project was James Kent, widely known for such works: "Residents of the East End", "Poirot", "Margaret Thatcher", "House on the Outskirts", "White Queen", "11:22:63").
The script was written by Reedian Brooke (Silent Witness, Great Adventures in Africa), Joe Shrepnel (Tonto's Woman, Frankie and Alice, Willpower), Anna Waterhouse (Frankie Alice, Willpower "). Producers: Jack Arbunott (The Lord of Chaos, Before I Fall Asleep, Life in One Day), Malta Grünert (Music Tied Us, Owl Cry, My Land), Ridley Scott (Good wife "," Alien "," Gladiator "). Beverly Mills was responsible for the installation ("Second Screen", "Crimson Primrose", "Sons and Lovers").
Actors and roles
- Keira Knightley as Rachel Morgan (Pirates of the Caribbean, Pride and Prejudice, Jacket, Atonement, Ghostly Beauty, Berlin, I Love You);
- Alexander Skarsgård as Stefan Lübert (“Generation of Assassins”, “13”, “Drop of Real Blood”, “Big Little Lie”, “Operation Hummingbird”);
- Jason Clark as Lewis Morgan (The Power of the Law, The World's Most Drunken County, Everest, Man on the Moon, Sea of Temptation);
- Fionn O'Shea in the role of Barker (Damn handsome, Newcomer, Siege of Jadoville, Innocent);
- Kate Phillips as Susan (Sharp Peaks, Alienist, Crown, War and Peace);
- Martin Compston in the role of Burnham ("On duty", "Death in Paradise", "Victoria", "City Legends", "Two Queens");
- Alexander Scheer in the role of Leytman ("Wild Life", "Carlos", "Solar Alley", "Young Karl Marx");
- Anna Katarina Shrimrigk as Hake ("As Beautiful As You");
- Pandora Colin (Chernobyl, Hotel Babylon, The Empty Crown, Scary Tales).
The film “Consequences” (2019) received mixed reviews from critics. On the Rotten Tomatoes aggregator review site, the feed received an approval rating of 28% based on 137 reviews with an average rating of 4.96 / 10:
- "The film aims to be an epic novel, but the funds needed to do this are not enough. Instead, the project will be curious for history buffs and those who enjoy melodramas."
- "With all his mistakes," Consequences "is worth watching only by the most passionate lovers of drama during the war period."
Many felt that the most important topics raised in the film could not be conveyed only through the characters of the heroes, and the demonstration that an individual desire for happiness was higher than public decency was filled with excessive pathos.
Did you know that:
- This project was the second after "Everest" (2015), where they played Keira Knightley and Jason Clark. In both films they are married to each other;
- For nude scenes in the film, Keira Knightley used the services of an understudy.
Viewers watched the film “Consequences” (2019) with a known release date, actors and plot, the trailer of which was released, and rated it very highly. However, critics felt that the tape is only suitable for lovers of historical melodramas, so fans of this genre can safely enjoy watching the project.